Our Favorite Strawberry Recipe

Start with some fresh picked strawberries (Don't let the fact that Soren is holding this bowl delude you into thinking that he was any help in picking them. I'd turn my back for just one minute to find him chowing down on all my hand-picked bounty.)

Give them a good rinsing and pull off the stems.
Take breaks often to be sure they are still very tasty.
Set aside 3-4 cups to dry.
Set aside one cup and mash them. Mix with one cup of water and heat on the stove.
Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 T. cornstarch. I've tried diminishing the sugar, but it doesn't set up as well. I guess it needs the sugar? Anyway, if you don't mind it being runny you can lessen the sugar it seems.
Do your best innocent who-me? smile when mom catches you sticking your fingers in the sugar.
Mix into mashed strawberries on the stove and cook until thickened and clear. Dump over the berries that you've put into the pie shell. Refrigerate.
Count down the minutes until you can eat it! YUM!


2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.