Oaks Amusement Park

Auntie Christine had her company picnic at Oaks Amusement Park on Sunday. She invited us to come with her! This is the first time we went to Oaks and we really liked it! It is set in a lovely park with lots of room for picnics. They don't charge an admission but then you can pay for the rides invidually, or get an unlimited ride bracelet. Her company bought all attendees unlimited ride bracelets, so we rode a lot of rides!

Soren got his first yo yo at the park. I think he needs to be about 2 feet taller before it will really be a viable toy for him though. Right now, he just flings it out and it lands on the ground. Still, he had fun swinging it around on the string.
Not too surprisingly, Soren's favorite part was the small train that circled the park.
But the motorcycles weren't bad either...
I didn't really know what to expect on this ride. Most rides that look like this lift you really high and then plummet you at break-neck speeds toward the earth. But the attendant assured me that this one mostly just bounced. He was right! It was fun. (Can you see Soren's little legs dangline there next to Peter's? I'm on the far left, because that is where the other adult-sized seat was.)
Soren went on the ferris wheel with Auntie Christine (since that is the one amusement park ride that totally terrifies me! How weird is that?)

3 comments:

  1. That looks so fun! I'm with you on the ferris wheel. It's always scared me since I was a kid. Love the bouncy ride picture! I guess Soren didn't want to sit with you that day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His face in the picture of him on the train is priceless! I just says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.