More Sweden...

I went on another boat tour today. This one was a bit longer and went up a local river. The views weren't particularly interesting - this city is both very stylish and very industrial - and we saw a lot of the industrial side today. But it was still a great way to get around the city to learn more about it. And on such a warm, sunny day it was a great place to hang out.
Flowerboxes bursting with color is one of my favorite sights at this time of year:
One of the countless bridges we went under on the river tours:
After a lot of sightseeing it was nice to join all the crowds out relaxing in the park on a warm Sunday afternoon.
Normally I wouldn't post a picture of my hotel room, but the design of this one is so typically Swedish that I had to include it.
I'm staying at the Radisson. It has an excellent location right downtown. And a fabulous continental breakfast complete with pickled herring, smoked salmon, and a huge assortment of cheeses plus tons of other yummy stuff. I still haven't had any Swedish meatballs. I'm leaving early Tuesday morning, so if I don't get them tomorrow it looks like it won't happen this trip (and, truth be told, that would be just fine with me!)

2 comments:

  1. I guess you can always hit Ikea on the way home from the airport if you don't get any meatballs there LOL!

    Looks like you're having fun...so glad you get to do a little exploring while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am oh so jealous. It looks awesome there! Did you get any free stuff when you crashed a company party? Silly American.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.