Modern Communication

I arrived in Sweden today. It was a long but uneventful trip. I tried a new technique of fasting for 16 hours and then having my first real meal at the same time as it would be breakfast in Sweden. I heard about it on NPR on Friday and thought I may as well try it. The fact that I am typing this at 3 a.m. gives you an indication of how effective it was. Sigh. I was awake for about 24 hours for the trip, slept for about 3 hours and am now wide awake.

It appears to be starting to get light already and I even hear the birds starting to sing outside my window. Looks like they have some long summer days here!

Peter and Soren went to visit my family in Michigan while I'm gone. I'm so glad they are there. It is going to be very hard to be away from Soren (and Peter, of course!) for 8 days while I'm here. So, knowing that they are in Michigan having so much fun with grandpa and grandma makes it much easier for me to be away.

Peter bought me a Web cam for my birthday so that we can talk via video while I'm gone. It is awesome! One of the benefits of jet lag too is that I happened to be online at the same time they were tonight...so I could say good night to Soren before bed.


Soren thinks it is really fun to watch himself on the video (he can see a window of himself, as well as a window of me). He pops his head up and down to appear and disappear.

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice that Peter and Soren got to go play while you are away. I'm sure 8 days will seem like a long time to be away...they will be so excited when you come home!!!

    Sorry about the jet lag...Been to the Volvo factory yet???

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.