Asparagus Season!

Oh happiness, it is asparagus season! Peter insists that this is the year that his supply will outpace my demand. I said it isn't possible. I love aspargus! But I'm actually starting to wonder if he might be right. Today I had asparagus for lunch. Only asparagus. I'm stuffed, and we still have a pile of it left. The below photos show how much asparagus we had today, and this is after giving away everything on Friday. It has been incredibly hot here lately and it is growing 6 inches a day!
You'll see how enormous some of the stalks are. Surprisingly they aren't woody at all. They are just thick and juicy! Wow. The fat ones have become my favorites.
Soren loves to prepare it. We lay it all out on a baking sheet, brush with olive oil and garlic salt (that's the part he likes to help with) and then bake at 425 degrees for about 12 minutes. Perfection!
If anyone wants to harvest a batch come on over! We have plenty to share.

5 comments:

  1. Holy cats that's a ton of asparagus...you guys amaze me with your garden! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a ton of asparagus Amy! I love it though - especially cooked on the grill in the summer time! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing is. I just was introduced to asparagus about 2 years ago. Vegetables for me are only good if they are raw. You cook them and the list dwindles down to maybe 2 that I like. But, then I found Asparagus. I LOVE IT!!! We have it probably 3 times a week. Down in California it is really tiny. Like the size of a chopstick or even smaller. I miss the big juicy ones. When we return in June we will probably take you up on your offer. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmm. I think I'll start cooking mine in the oven. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my GOSH! That looks so good. Maybe I should go buy some to plant so we can have it next year. Hmmmm! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.