The Binky Fairy, Part 3 (subtitle: The Binky Fairy Makes a Plan for Leaving Better Presents to get Soren's Interest Again)

Well, after the trauma of the first binkyless night Soren has proclaimed quite clearly, and repeatedly:

"I have enough presents."

Sigh. He has no interest in leaving another binky out for the Binky Fairy. Clearly more drastic measures are needed. Not sure what those drastic measures will be. ("Cold Turkey" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "Binky Fairy" does, ya know?) I'm determined to get rid of this thing by the time he's three. We have 9 more days... (Goodness, I thought the biological clock tick tocked loudly, but this binky clock counting down is really getting loud!)

5 comments:

  1. How clever with the binky fairy Amy! I was attached to mine too - my grandmother told me one day it was the day to put the binky to rest and made me go out with her to the trash and we threw it away together and she made a big celebration out of it! I hope Soren will become detached from it soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went cold turkey here...left them ALL for Santa. It went better than expected. I just kept insisting that Santa took them to the "poor kids". Gianna really didn't seem to be upset, which I had expected huge meltdowns. Ainsley doesn't take the binky but is attached to her fingers! Good lord, how do you take THAT away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think you shouldn't stress too much about it...maybe he's just not quite ready yet. I think when they are ready the transition goes pretty easily (with a little prompting of course) kind of like the nursing thing ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went cold turkey here too. It was harder on me then it was Carson. Declan may be another story because he is MUCH more attached to it then Carson ever was. He usually has one in his mouth and one in each hand. I'm convinced its baby crack.ehiluqwc

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. No advice here. Neither of my girls used binkis. I'm starting to think I should refrain from ever introducing a binki to the new baby. I thought bottle-weaning was hard enough!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.