The Binky Fairy, Part 2

So, in response to my "could it possibly be this easy?" question...the short answer is "NO!"

About the time I hit "publish this post" button on the blog last night the poor kid just lost it. He was perfectly fine while he was just relaxing in bed, but when he was finally really trying to go to sleep he just couldn't do it. Peter came home from raquetball just as the crying was starting and I'm sure is still wondering just what I'd done to the poor child to get him into such a worked up state. Peter loaded him up with every stuffed animal in the house and that eventually did calm him down. Soren kept saying that his tongue was hurting without his binky (is that heartbreaking or what?)

He did eventually fall asleep but was up again at 4:30 this morning. That in itself is not unsual, usually I just go in and tell him that it isn't time to get up yet and he rolls over, inserts the binky and goes back to sleep. But today he wanted his binky and if that wasn't happening he wanted to see if the Binky Fairy had brought anything. I did let him get up and find the Binky Fair present - new cars for his Thomas trains. Very exciting. He put them back in the bucket and tried to go back to sleep. Not happening. He stayed in his bed for about 20 minutes and then was calling me again. So, he's pretty much been up for the day since then.

He's tired today. Peter said he mostly just sat spacing out during his breakfast.

We'll see if he decides to leave the nap-time binky for the Binky Fairy or wants to keep it. Look out for Binky Fairy, Part 3 - coming soon to a blog near you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! That is heartbreaking! Keep up the good work. It is definitely going to be an uphill battle. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's sad. I'm sorry. I bet you feel like a big mean mom. Just give it a while and it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no... well if it makes you feel any better, Flynn was up for the day at 4:30 yesterday, but for no reason. I'll be looking for an update! I know he can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.