Online Friends

Normally I really focus on Soren stories here. But there is a story that while not featuring Soren is related to him, so I thought I'd include it.

When I was pregnant with Soren I joined an online message board with other women throughout the US and Canada - we were all pregnant with our first child and due in April of 2005. Pregnancy is a life-changing event and it was nice to be able to chat with other people who were experiencing the same things. I assumed that we'd all go our separate ways once our children were born, but as it has turned out we all then had newborns and there were even more things to discuss... So, we've all continued chatting online a few times a week for more than three years now.

There are probably about 30 of us who interact online fairly regularly. Over the years I had met a few of them in person. Mostly while I've been on business trips around the country. A large number of the women are from the NE US and they've gotten together a few times in real life. Recently I flew out to Atlantic City to meet up with a group of them for a mommy getaway weekend! So strange to actually meet a group of people with whom you've shared so much and still have never met in person. We had a fabulous time and in true form we chatted non-stop for the entire weekend. It was really great to meet so many of them at last.

Here we are at the Melting Pot fondue restaurant - yum! From left to right: Cristy from New Hampshire, Christine from New Jersey, Me from Oregon, Courtney from New Jersey, Jeni from Indiana, Jenn from Pennsylvania, Cyndi from Pennsylvania, and Cindy from Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I forgot to ask you about this at our last bookclub! I'm so glad it was a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.