Soren's LEAST Favorite Things

1. Bedtime. Actually, this is a pretty new thing. He used to be so mellow about going to bed. I'd announce that it was bedtime and we'd happily embark on our routine. But lately he's become hugely resistant to going to bed. He just wants to stay up and keep playing. We had two stories come out of this new aversion. The first was when he decided to run away from me so that I couldn't put him to bed (that is really cute the first two times...) and he was running full speed and took a corner way too fast trying to evade me. He crashed full speed into the door frame. Peter came running from the other room because the crash was so loud. Poor little guy. The other story was last week when he kept announcing "I AM NOT GOING TO BED ANY MORE!" I do really try not to laugh out loud when he's being so serious. But I have to say that was a tough battle watching him insist on never going to bed again.
2. Leaving the library. We go to the library for story time every Saturday. After story time he plays in the playroom there. He's started throwing fits when we leave now...even though we are leaving to do one of his favorite things - Starbucks!
3. Waiting to eat his pancakes until he's eaten some eggs. On family breakfast day he gets pancakes, scrambled eggs and sausage. He loves pancakes! He'd eat a mountain of only pancakes if he'd have his way - especially now that he has discovered syrup. So we make him eat a few eggs first.
4. Loud noises. He hates loud sudden noises, but also noisy environments in general. We were at a big Christmas party last weeked with lots of people cheering and clapping and he wanted to go in the other room because it was too noisy.
5. Bad smells. I swear he's inherited his father's sense of smell. Between the two of them "eww, what's that smell?" is probably one of the more common phrases in our household. And not only when I'm cooking!
6. Peter and I talking too much when I get home from work. Soren really wants my undivided attention when I come home. He'll tell us to "stop talking!" if he feels like he's not getting enough mommy time.
7. Anyone other than me putting him to bed. He's fine having an occasional babysitter (and actually, I should have put Zoe on his list of favorite things) but there is something special about bedtime that he really only likes to have me do.
8. Children who don't talk to him. He understands that babies can't talk, but he is completely bewildered when other children either don't talk very much or ignore all the questions he sends their way.
9. Cookie Monster. Not sure what is going on there, but he's suddenly decided that Cookie Monster is very scary. He'll run out of the room if Cookie Monster ever comes on TV.
10. Blowing his nose. Oh how I wish he'd let me use that little bulb syringe to clean out his stuffy nose!

This list was actually much harder to come up with than the list of his favorite things. He's a pretty mellow, happy kid.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.