The Joy of Christmas

So, I've been thinking about holiday traditions lately and decided that I wanted to help Soren get excited about giving presents for Christmas. Often it seems that people try elimiate the focus on gifts altogether when creating a "meaningful" holiday, but I like the giving aspect of Christmas, so I hope to focus on that in our house. But it appears that we have a ways to go...

Me: Soren, did you know that Christmas is coming soon?
Soren: (blank stare)
Me: And we can get presents for people. Won't that be fun?
Soren: (blank stare)
Me: We can get a present for daddy. What do you think he'd like?
Soren: And a present for me?
Me: Well, it is really fun to *give* people presents. It makes them happy. Wouldn't it be fun to give daddy a present?
Soren: No, you give daddy a present. And get a present for me!

Sigh. I guess it isn't surprising that a two year old is thinking about himself first...but I do hope to he can eventually find the fun of giving this season. I'll keep ya posted.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya loud and clear...I am bad...I kind of gave up on the "giving" aspect for right now we are focusing on how great of a bribe Santa is LOL!!! Good boys get presents!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.