Soren sayings

I swear this kid cracks me up more and more every day. Some funny Soren sayings lately:

*** Yesterday he didn't want to take a nap. He was in his crib calling me. "Hey mama. Mama, come back here. Mama, I want up. Mama, where are you?"
That wasn't working so then he started "Happy Mother's Day, Mama. Happy Mother's Day, Mama!" I have to admit, that one worked and I picked him up.

*** Lately we've been emphasizing safety. He needs to hold my hand when we are in a parking lot. We look for cars before we cross the street. When we walk down the street we stay on the gravel, not on the road, etc. Peter even taught him another rote response. "Soren, what is job #1?", he'll answer "Safety is job number one!" Hilarious.

*** So, in his concern for safety he saw some cats sitting on the road. He started shouting at them. "Hey cats! Get off the road! Cats! Get off the road! It's not safety!"

*** Last night we went for a walk. We saw some Robins out looking for worms in the grass. I said "See, those birds have red tummies, that means that they are Robins." He grew quiet, and then said "Those birds have owies? Their tummies are red! They need medicine? I have an owie, medicine makes it all better." Poor guy thinks all Robins have injured bellies.

*** Since he spends so much time outside, we've also been teaching him about bees. He's completely intrigued by them and our fear was that he'd try to pick one up. So we've told him that bees are our friend and we like them, but we can only look at them, not touch them.

*** So, Soren loves to play pretend. Mostly he pretends that he is Eduard (7-month old baby of a friend) and says "I can't talk! I'm Eduard!"
But yesterday he looked at me and said "You can't touch me, mama." When I asked why not, he said "Because I'm a bee!"

*** Then, final story, Soren recently seems to have found his voice. He's always been quite quiet. Very verbal, just not very loud. I've still never heard him scream or shriek, but lately he's started shouting. We were in a restaurant on Saturday morning and he yelled "RAAAAHHHHHHH", so I told him that he needed to be a little more quiet in the restaurant. He paused and then said "raaaaahhhhh" in a quiet voice.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.