The Sweet Life

Soren doesn't normally get to eat sweets. I'm amazed though at how often people, especially in stores, ask if they can give him candy or a cookie. I usually politely decline, but I feel kind of bad about it since I know they are just trying to be nice. Yesterday one of the Salvation Army bell ringers asked if she could give him a lollipop.This time I said OK.

He carried the wrapped lollipop all through the grocery store while we shopped and didn't seem to even realize he had it in his hand. But when we were in the car I heard him in the back messing with the wrapping. A few minutes later he had the wrapping off. I wasn't sure if he knew that it was something to eat so I just let him be to see what happened.

Another 10 minutes or so passed with not much action, but then I looked and noticed that he had the lollipop leaning against his lip. Clearly it was only a matter of time at this point. Sure enough, a short time later, I hear this little sound from the back seat, he said...

"mmmmm, tasty..."

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.